We will explore a variety of accommodation types in Turkey, a country that combines traditional culture with modern life, as Turkey is popular as a tourist and investment destination, and offers a wide range of options for individuals who wish to reside there and we will review the different types of stays, whether for a short visit, study, or investment, providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of how to take advantage of Turkey's diverse advantages in accommodation areas.
Types of residence in Turkey
- Tourist visa: The tourist visa allows visitors to stay in Turkey for a specific period, and the duration of stay varies according to nationality.
- Work visa: For individuals who wish to work in Turkey, a work visa can be obtained based on a job offer from a Turkish company.
- Study visa: Foreign students are able to study in Turkey thanks to the study visa, which is issued to students accepted into recognized educational institutions.
- Investment Visa: For investors wishing to make investments in Turkey, an investment visa provides the opportunity for permanent residency based on investment laws.
- Permanent residency: Individuals who meet the specified conditions can obtain permanent residency in Turkey, which is a popular option for investors and those who want to live permanently.
- Family residence: Residency is granted to family members (spouse and children) residing in Turkey, allowing the family to enjoy shared residence.
- Student residence: Student residence is granted to foreign students enrolled in educational institutions in Turkey, allowing them to stay during their studies.
- Health residency: Individuals seeking medical treatment in Turkey can obtain a health residency for the period of treatment.
Individuals wishing to move to Turkey should check the conditions and procedures required for each type of residency and check current legal updates.
How to benefit from Türkiye's diverse advantages in areas of residence?
- Plan ahead for your stay, whether for tourism, work, study, or investment. Define your goals and needs precisely.
- Work with a local real estate agent or legal advisor to obtain professional advice about residence types and legal requirements.
- If you're planning to invest, explore investment programs that offer fast-track accommodation and additional features for investors.
- Make sure you adhere to all laws and conditions related to the type of accommodation you choose. Conditions may vary depending on the type of accommodation.
- If you are aiming for permanent residency, try to achieve financial independence that will enable you to support yourself and your family.
- Expand your local network and become part of the local community, as you may have new opportunities by connecting with people in the area.
- Make sure to benefit from the available health services, especially if you have a health residency for treatment.
- Interact with the local culture and experience daily life in Turkey, this will help you learn more about the country and the lifestyles there.
- Join local activities and events to be part of the community and have diverse experiences.
- Enjoy the stunning nature and entertainment opportunities that Turkey offers, enhancing the quality of your daily life.
Using these tips, you can enjoy Türkiye's diverse accommodation advantages and achieve a rich and fruitful experience.
Conditions and procedures required to obtain residency in Türkiye
- Tourist visa: A tourist visa is granted upon the arrival of visitors of some nationalities at Turkish airports. You must check the list of nationalities eligible for this service.
- Work visa: Individuals who wish to work in Turkey must obtain a job offer from a Turkish employer. Next, they need to apply for a work visa.
- Study visa: Foreign students must obtain admission from a recognized educational institution in Turkey, then apply for a study visa.
- Investment visa: To obtain an investment visa, the investor must submit an application and invest in a project that achieves the minimum required amount.
- Permanent residency: Individuals can obtain permanent residency after continuously residing for a certain period (usually 8 years) and achieving financial independence.
- Family residency: Individuals who hold residency in Turkey can invite family members to join them and obtain family residency.
- Student residency: Student residency requires registration in an accredited educational institution and obtaining approval from the Ministry of Education.
- Health residency: Individuals can obtain a health residency for medical treatment after submitting an application and verifying the health status.
Reasons for refusing residency in Turkey
- Submitting complete and correct documents is essential to obtain residency and providing false information or incorrect documents may result in the application being rejected.
- Being able to provide the required financial conditions for accommodation can be an important factor and applicants must show that they have the ability to provide sufficient financial support.
- If the applicant has violated local laws or regulations in the past, this may result in the residency application being denied.
- The applicant must clarify the legitimate and legal reasons for residence in Turkey and the application may be rejected if the applicant does not demonstrate the importance of his presence in the country.
- In some cases, a residency application may be rejected on national security grounds, especially if there are concerns that the applicant is involved in illegal activities.
- If the applicant has exceeded the period of legal residence without renewing it, he may face rejection.