it is a leading indicator of future developments in any country, it built from the opinions taken during regular surveys asking about progress in all kind of production, sales, and stocks of finished goods in the manufacturing sector.
It can be employed to monitor the growth in production and try to forecast future turns in the economic situation.
About real estate confidence and price index In Turkey, it covers the indicators constructed for monitoring price movements in the Turkish housing market because it aims to measure the expectation of business conditions for the upcoming months, and takes the average of trading, and profitability of the real estate market in general.
According to REIDIN Turkey which is the leading real estate information company focusing on emerging markets, it strives to provide useful information, high-end real estate analysis, and research support for real Estate Developer, Banks, Mortgage and Insurance Companies, and others…
REIDIN Turkey Real Estate Confidence Index is calculated using the “Balance Method” which is a calculating method for numerical difference of percentage distribution of positive and negative answers regarding to their surveys.
According to their calculation, the results for Real Estate Confidence Index were:
- 2019 first quarter has been measured as 65.0
- 2019 second quarter has been measured as 81.4
- 2019 third quarter has been measured as 88.0
- 2019 fourth quarter has been measured as 104.1
- 2020 first quarter has been measured as 103.8
According to their calculation, the results for Price index were:
- 2019 first quarter has been measured as 76.0
- 2019 second quarter has been measured 84.3
- 2019 third quarter has been measured 95.6
- 2019 fourth quarter has been measured 110.6
- 2020 first quarter has been measured 126.8
the index indicates an optimistic outlook when it is above 100 which means that the profit in real estate market in turkey will rise in 2020.
in addition to feature of taking the Turkish citizenship through buying a property, and it is an additional incentive made many foreign investors to buy real estates in turkey.